COVID 19 Visa Expiry and Bridging Visa E

COVID 19 Visa Expiry and Bridging Visa E

Dear Clients, Friends and Family.

Visa expired?

If you are onshore and without a valid visa, you are an ‘unlawful non-citizen’. If your visa has expired onshore, you can apply for a Bridging Visa E. See:

The Bridging Visa E can be applied for in ImmiAccount, under New Application / Status Resolution / Bridging Visa E. See below image.

You will not be permitted to work on a Bridging Visa E. Requesting permission to work is a separate application.

Typically, you will be permitted to present at an Australian Airport for international travel as an unlawful non-citizen up to 28 days after expiry of last visa without sanction.

Typically, the Bridging Visa E is granted for the purposes of making arrangements to travel to home country or to await the outcome of a visa application or Merits or Judicial Review application.

You cannot apply for another visa while on a BVE.

Please call us on 02 8379 1256 or email if you require assistance with the above.


Samuel Brouff and Team.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *